January 16th launch (14 days and counting)
On the 16th, Fellowship Church will be launching two additional campuses, one in Plano, Texas and another in Dallas, Texas.
This is a very exiting time for Fellowship and we are looking forward to seeing how God will work through these additional campuses. These additional campuses will be "video venues".
So what does video venue mean? Well, these churches will have everything that a great church has. They will be staff lead and volunteer driven, with parkers, greeters, ushers, hospitality, etc. They will have wonderful preschool and children's ministry, youth ministry and adult ministries. They will have Home Teams (small groups) Married and Single! They will have live worship lead by some of the best worship leaders and bands in the Dallas/Ft. Worth Metroplex. They will have a local campus leader that will lead the staff and volunteers and communicate with the local congregation. And finally, they will have a sermon, lead by the most dynamic and creative pastor on HD video screens.
Why video venues? We are asked this question all the time, and frankly there is not an easy answer. So let me bullet point some key reasons for you.
- nearing capacity in Grapevine
- additional campuses give us an opportunity to free up some space at Grapevine
- additional campuses give us an opportunity to reach a new group of people
- additional campuses will challenge our volunteers to "step up" and grow a new church
- additional campuses will challenge our staff and not allow us to rest on our laurels
- we have closely watched some other churches that are doing in very effectively
- I could go on and on.... but won't.
Stay tuned, I will be posting about our progress with these sites. Need more info? Check out [link]