Steve Jobs Keynote @ Macworld 2005 Summary
Apple Retail- 101 Stores
1 Million Visitors a week
iMac- The Worlds most beautiful Computer
The most popular Mac
Mac OS X- The Worlds most advanced operating system
14 million active users
What's next- Tiger (5th major release, First half of 2005, long before longhorn)
OS X Features covered-
1) Spotlight, Apples Search Technology built into OS
Steve Ran Into A Bug while opening an Image from Spotlight and switched to a backup system.
2) Mail, Apple's email client improved. Cool features with pictures.
3) Quicktime 7, H.264 compression technology built in!
4) Dashboard, a way to get in and get out of widgets in OS X.
Apples stock was down as Steve looked at in in Dashboard.
5) iChat, 4 party video conferencing built on H.264 technology.
HD- 2005, the year of High Definition video
1) Final Cut Express HD $299 Full $99 Upgrade
2) Sony and Apple working together to make it possible
iLife 05- Priced $79 available Jan 22nd
iPhoto- New=Better searching, more formats (MPEG-4, RAW), improved editing, improved book design, prints from iPhoto for .19 cents
iMovie- Faster, trimming in timeline, MPEG-4 support, Magic Movie, edits HD Video!!!!!
iDVD- 15 new themes, 1 step DVD creation, all formats excepted
Garage Band- 8 track recording, real-time music notation, create own loops.
John Mayer demonstrated Garage Band!
iTunes- Nothing talked about
iWork- Building the successor to Apple Works
- Keynote 2, cinema quality presentations for everyone
- Pages, word processing with a sense of style. Looks like a Pagemaker/Publisher killer (compatible with MS Word).
Mac mini- The most affordable Mac ever (Jan. 22nd)
- Quiet, Firewire, USB 2, Slot-load combo drive, Modem, DVI, Ethernet
- BYODKM, Bring your own display, keyboard and mouse.
- $499= 40 GB, 256 MB, 1.25 GHz G4
- $599= 80 GB, 256 MB, 1.42 GHz G4
iTunes- The worlds most popular online music store.
- More than 230,000,00 songs sold
- 1,250,000 songs a day = 70% Market Share
- 15 countries
- Retooled Essentials in store
iPod- The worlds best digital music player
- 733,000 iPods sold in Holiday 2003
- 4,500,000 iPods sold Holiday 2004
- 500% GROWTH
Steve had the 10 millionth iPod on stage.
Cars- BMW, Mercedes Benz, Nissan, Volvo, Sion, Alfa Romeo, Ferrari
Cell Phones- iTunes client on Motorola cell phone (Spring 2005)
One more thing...
- iPod shuffle, smaller than most packs of gum, less than 1 ounce
- USB 2, 12 hour rechargeable battery, Mac or PC
- Auto-fill in iTunes that will fill your iPod shuffle automatically.
- Use iPod shuffle as a thumb drive as well
- 512 MB, 120 songs, $99 or 1 GB, 240 songs, $149
- Shipping NOW
Life is Random, iPod Shuffle= New TV ad
John Mayer closes it down with his song Daughters
In closing... Apple = Innovation. I love this company. And yes, if you were wondering I did watch the entier keynote on my Powerbook G4 and took notes in TextEdit.