What a Web Site Does
A Web site must do at least one of two things, but probably both:
- Turn a stranger into a friend, and a friend into a customer.
- Talk in a tone of voice that persuades people to believe the story you're telling.
Big Picture #2:
A Web site can cause only four things to happen in the moments after someone sees it:
- She clicks and goes somewhere else you want her to go.
- She clicks and gives you permission to follow up by email or phone.
- She clicks and buys something.
- She tells a friend, either by clicking or by blogging or phoning or talking.
Does all this sound good? Sound crazy?
Well, Seth Godin just released his new e-book called Knock Knock. And it's FREE. Don't wait, go get it now.